Module 5 Exam Answers
Refer to the exhibit. What is the appropriate cable to use at each of the numbered network connections?
• 1-crossover; 2-straight-through; 3-crossover; 4-straight-through
• 1-straight-through; 2-crossover; 3-straight-through; 4-straight-through
• 1-straight-through; 2-crossover; 3-crossover; 4-straight-through
• 1-rollover; 2-crossover; 3-straight-through; 4-straight-through
• 1-rollover; 2-straight-through; 3-straight-through; 4-straight-through
2. Which two devices are considered OSI Layer 1 devices? (Choose two.)
3. What device is used to connect hosts to an Ethernet LAN and requires a straight-through UTP cable between the hosts and this device?
4. What is the most common type of cabling used in LANs?
5. In which situations would a crossover cable be used to connect devices in a network? (Choose two.)
• switch to PC
• switch to hub
• switch to router
• switch to server
• switch to switch
7. What type of cable would be used to make the connection between the console port of a router and a workstation?
Which function is a unique responsibility of the DCE devices shown in the exhibit?
• transmission of data
• reception of data
• clocking for the synchronous link
• noise cancellation in transmitted data
9. Which address does a bridge use to make filtering and switching decisions?
• source MAC
• source IP
• destination MAC
• destination IP
• network IP address
10. What is characteristic of how a hub operates?
• A hub selectively drops packets that represent potential security risks.
• A hub forwards data out all interfaces except the inbound interface.
• A hub dynamically learns the interfaces to which all devices are attached.
• At start up, a hub queries the devices on all interfaces in order to learn the MAC addresses of the attached devices.
• A hub transmits a frame to a specific interface based on the destination MAC address.
11. Users with systems that are attached to a hub are complaining about poor response time. What device could replace the hub and provide immediate response time improvement?
12. Which of the following are benefits of peer-to-peer networks? (Choose three.)
• centralized security
• easy to create
• very scalable
• no centralized equipment required
• centralized administrator not required
• centralized control of assets
13. Which statement is accurate about a WAN link?
• The link transmits data serially.
• The link uses a maximum distance of 100 meters.
• The link uses the same transmission rate as all other WAN links use.
• The link uses the same standardized connector style that is used for all WAN technologies.
15. At which layer of the OSI model does the MAC address of a NIC reside?
• data link
Refer to the exhibit. A technician measured the lengths of the CAT 5e structured cable runs in the exhibit. How should the technician evaluate the cabling shown in the diagram to the network administrator?
• All cabling to work areas are within specifications.
• Station A and B may experience intermittent problems because the length exceeds the recommended standard.
• Station B may experience intermittent problems because the length exceeds the recommended standard.
• Station C may experience intermittent network connectivity because the length is less than the recommended standard.
• Station A and B will have intermittent problems because the length exceeds the recommended standard.
• Station C will not have network connectivity because the length is less than the recommended standard.
17. Which statement describes a typical use of Gigabit Ethernet?
• to provide high-speed desktop connectivity for average users
• to provide connectivity to low to medium volume applications
• to provide medium volume connectivity to workgroup servers
• to provide high-speed connectivity for backbones and cross connects
The ends of a UTP cable are shown in the exhibit. Which cable configuration is shown?
20. Which of the following are benefits of a wireless network? (Choose two.)
• higher data speeds
• better security
• less expensive NIC cards
• no need to run cables to hosts